The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for the creation of a talent pool of experienced and effective middle managers that represents the demographics of the South African society. This qualification will create a leadership cadre throughout multiple industries and sectors both private and public. The target group therefore is anyone already employed in middle management but lacking the knowledge and skills, or anyone being considered for promotion to middle management.
The six Study Schools are:
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first-line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members.
NQF Level 5 (169 credits, SAQA ID 59201)
Duration: 27 contact days (over a 1 year period)
Location: this course is held on-site at the client’s venue.
Entry Requirements: Communication at NQF Level 4 & Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
For more info please open or save the full course synopsis: National Certificate: Generic Management (PDF)